At TOTO, they always been inspired by a desire to improve everyone’s quality of life. Through almost a century rich with innovation, TOTO has changed the perception of what a bathroom can be — and how it can be used.
Toto founder, Kazuchika Okura, had a vision more than one hundred years ago in 1912, before the concept of public sewage systems was widespread in Japan. After seeing more advanced systems overseas, he was moved to establish a ceramic sanitary ware laboratory to develop healthier and cleaner living spaces.
In 1917, Okura founded Toyo Toki K.K. (which became known as TOTO LTD.) to supply the market with these products. TOTO was founded on a commitment to provide a comfortable living space for people, while always protecting the planet and its water.
Japan’s rich artistic heritage in pottery and porcelain is alive in every TOTO product we create today. Throughout our expansion worldwide, TOTO has remained true to the Japanese traditions that have shaped our Company Motto and Philosophy.
TOTO strives to create a great company that is trusted by people around the world and to contribute to the betterment of society.
To achieve our philosophy, TOTO will:
- Create an enriched and more comfortable lifestyle and culture built on our plumbing products.
- Pursue customer satisfaction by exceeding expectations with our products and services.
- Provide high-quality products and services through ongoing research and development.
- Protect the global environment by conserving finite natural resources and energy.
- Create an employee friendly work environment that respects individuality.